How to Solution Toshiba Error Call for Service F101
[F101_0] HDD connection error (HDD connection cannot be detected.)
[F101_1] Root partition mount error (HDD formatting fails.)
[F101_2][F101_3] Partition mount error (The HDD cannot be connected (mounted) caused by
damage to areas other than those described in the F101_1 and F101_4 to F101_10 errors.)
Other service call
HDD unmounted: The connection of HDD cannot be detected.
Sub-code 0: HDD connection error (HDD connection cannot be
Sub-code 1: Root partition mount error (HDD formatting fails.)
Sub-code 2, 3: Partition mount error (The areas other than
those described in the F101_1 and F101_4 to F101_10 errors
HDD, SYS board, Setting
1. Turn the power of the equipment OFF and check the
connection of the HDD.
– Connector and harness check
– Check if the connector pins of the HDD are bent.
– Check if HDD for other equipment is not installed.
– Check if SRAM for other equipment is not installed.
2. If the error still occurs after step 1, perform the following.
– Perform HS-73 Firmware Assist mode -> Key
Backup/Restore and check that each Key Status is
– If not, recover the key (press [Key] and select the
menu, and then press [Execute]).
3. If the error still persists after step 2, perform the
– Perform HS-73 Firmware Assist mode -> Format
HDD, and then install “System software” (HS-49
Firmware Update mode -> SYSTEM SOFTWARE
The following items will be deleted by HS-73
Firmware Assist mode -> Format HDD.
• Message Log
• Job Log
• Spool Data (Print, Email reception)
If F101_1 occurs with a secure HDD or the error
persists after performing step 3, perform step 3 after
performing HS-74 HDD Assist mode -> Revert
Factory Initial Status HDD.
4. If the error persists even after step 3, replace the HDD.
5. If the error persists even after step 4, replace the HDD
6. If the error persists even after step 5, replace the SYS
If you are facing the Toshiba error call for service F101 on your Toshiba device, you may be wondering how to resolve this issue. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot and fix this error, ensuring that your Toshiba device is back up and running smoothly.
Understanding Toshiba Error Call for Service F101
- Update Firmware and Drivers
Outdated firmware or drivers can sometimes cause errors on Toshiba devices. Visit the official Toshiba website and check for any available updates for your specific device model. Download and install any firmware or driver updates as recommended by Toshiba. Restart the device and check if the error message persists.
- Contact Toshiba Support
If none of the above steps resolve the F101 error, it is advisable to contact Toshiba support for further assistance. They have the expertise to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues, providing you with the best possible solution.